Sunday, May 31, 2009

This one is for my Mom

I was talking to my parents yesterday on my phone. The usual Saturday evening talk, which happens to be the only time we talk for the week. I was telling my father that I am vacating from the current place and I will be moving to a new one. This is how the conversation went.

FYI: My parents always put their mobile on speaker phone when they talk to me.

Me: Appa, I am shifting my house to a better place this weekend.

Appa: How come it is a better place?

Me: It is a bigger house and the rent is also pretty less

Appa: How can that happen? Are you moving away from the University?

Me: Hmmmm, yes I am moving away. But not very much. Just an extra 5 mins walk.

Appa: Why do you need to do that? Are you moving with the same set of people with whom you are staying now?

Me: No, I am going to stay with a new person. All the other people are going to stay in the same apartment

Appa: Oh, Ok.

I was able to hear my Amma tell something in the background (probably she was little far away from the phone)

Amma: Ask him whether he is going to stay with a guy or a girl????????????

Appa: Ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha

Me: @#!$%^%#@%&**%^$##%#$#^&*&^


I didnt expect this from my Mom though. May be she got suspicious with my replies. It took me 5 mins to clarify that I am going to stay only with a guy.

No comments: